Friday, September 7, 2007

A second attempt

I desided to go back to the creek at sunset and see if I could get better lighting. When I got there I did indeed have better lighting however the water level had dropped dramatically. So I got completely different shots from the ones I took in the morning. I love the bottom left side of the image above and how the light makes the water look metalic.
For this shot I desided that I would take it with the water flowing away from the camera rather than with the water flowing toward the camera just to see what I would get... This is the result. The top middle portion of the picture is a pool of water with the reflection of the surrounding trees in it.

I love this one! I love the light and the shadow and simply the way the whole scene played out in the frame. It is now one of my favorite pictures I have taken to date.
This waterfall is right across the street from my house. It looks like such a beautiful place to live doesnt it? Well the trouth of the matter is I had to climb under an overpass to get this shot. From the street you can only see this if you are walking on the bridge or playing gulf in the course to the left. Otherwise it is hidden from view.
It was so weird taking these shots. On the one hand they are beautiful in a world full of concrete and on the other hand it was kind of creepy under there... I kept looking over my shoulder thinking people were coming up behind me...

Besides some croping there are no photoshop alterations to these shots they are origional colors. As the sun went down the sky became pink and cast a pink hue on the water.

I have had such fun doing these shots. Its always fun to try something new. I cant describe how it feels to get the prints back and finally see how they turned out. But I really do need to switch to digital because this hobby gets rather expensive.





3 comments:

Avra said...

Oh.My.God...
Those are amazingly beautiful photos! I am positively enthralled. You make me increasingly impatient to get my own camera.

Nicki Hastie said...

Beautiful pictures. Water1.jpg is my favourite of these. It's like a futuristic landscape with crystal icecaps. Magical and mystical. You have a great eye.

Thanks for stopping by my site last week.

Nicki

Unknown said...

Jenny will you take me to your special places...maybe when we go up north we can find some beautiful places to take pics..what do you say???