Monday, September 3, 2007

Canada's Wonderland





A Canadian right of passage for all kids living in Ontario, is a summer of endless rides at Canada's wonderland thanks to their ever popular seasons passes. I remember the year my sister and I got seasons passes and litterally wasted the entire summer away on rollercoasters. Braving the stand up multiple times in one visit. Days upon days standing in line ups for over an hour at a time surrounded by teenagers who took the opportunity of a place sans parents to make out while waiting to get on the rides. Followed by 45 seconds of a thrill and on to the next.






After almost a decade Shannon and I desided on a whim to go to wonderalnd and take in some rollercoaster fun. We hopped in the car and drove for what seemed to be mere minutes and arrived at the gate.. (why do I remember it taking so long to get there when I was younger??)






Canada's Wonderland has gone corporate! Holy Moley, The place hardly looks as it did in my youth. There is a dairy Queen on every corner and well you know Coke has to get in on it too.. you can visit the Coke Oasis where you get sprayed with a fine cold mist while you make your Coke purchases... Frakly I think this is Cokes way of keeping you "cool" while you are depositing your $4 for the pleasure of enjoying their cool beverages!






On to the rollercoasters....









The bat is one of my favorites from my younger days. /this rollercoaster brings you up 80- 100 ft and drops you through two upside wown twists and a loop before catching the cars on the other side and releasing you backwards through it all again. its a really wild ride! I was more than surprised to see kids as young as 7 braving this ride as I did not work up the courage until I was a teenager.



Next is the Fire Fly... A classic ride. This is most Canadian kids first Loop to Loop rollercoaster. It is quick and fun but hold your head back tight against the headrest or you are sure to go home with a bit of a headache.

If you ever have the nopportunity to visit Canadas wonderland you have to wait in the line up for the Top Gun. Trust me It is well worth the wait! The Top gun is a wild ride, you are suspended from the track above your head with your feet dangling below you. When you go over the loops all you see are your feet and sky. This ride has stolen the thunder from the Bat for me. The bat will forever have a place in my heart but my new favorite is Top Gun.

If you are coming by remember to bring a lunch and keep it in the car you can exit the park and return after you have eaten. The food available in the park is gross to be polite and will cost you enough to put a serious dent in your wallet. Other than that Wonderland is amazing it offers both an amusement park and a waterpark in one and I will guarantee you will have an amazing fun filled day!




4 comments:

Tammy said...

My stomach's doing flip flops just thinking about those rides. Not sure I could take them anymore and haven't been brave enough to try in years! Sounds like you had fun though.

photo_chiq said...

It was a lot of fun however I do have to admit that ol grey mere she aint what she used to be and those rides took more out of me this time than when I was younger.

Triple Dog said...

Your stamina is of a different kind. While I can hike for days in the mountains, I run when I see a roller coaster! It must be your youth...brave soul!

Unknown said...

Jennifer it took you so long becasue you were coming from BRAMPTON to King City not from Toronto to king city...tack on another 45 minutes AT LEAST to the drive... Ol grey mere was Never what she thought she was...ROFL! Love ya...(fly by kissing).

Julie