Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Shannon






I am sitting here on a Tuesday morning, Tuesday after my first day back from a much needed vacation and wondering what I should post about? I could talk more about my vacation and how bitter sweet vacation really is, but I want to save all of that to go with my pictures from the vacation. So I will go into the valt and pull out some older photos. Lets see where this journey takes us...


I would like to introduce you to my partner of 9 years. Her name is Shannon, she is now 30 years old. We met when I was only 18 and developed a wonderful friendship. At the time she was in a relationship with a nice woman, however the relationship was struggling and Shannon was moving in another direction with her life. At the time I had never really given any thought to my own sexuality. As always in my early life I just did what was expected of me. I steered clear of drugs and alcohol, I didn't smoke or party. Frankly my childhood was pretty dull. My family had put the fear of god in me and I was afraid of intimacy. Then Shannon came around and for a while we were good friends. We talked and laughed together, as time moved on we became inseperable. I found myself wanting to be around her all the time, I would skip school everyday she was off from work, just so I could spend the day with her (much to her displeasure... she wanted me to go to school and do well) All I wanted to do was be around her.







She had broken up with her girlfriend and had expressed an interest in me but I was scared and told her I was not interested. (I was but was too afraid to admit it, both to myself and to her) So our friendship developed further and Shannon got a new girlfriend. This was the turning point, I could no longer pretend that I had no feelings for her because I pained me to see her with someone else. I was jealous. I was sad. I wanted her to have unlimited time for me. So I bit the bullet and told her how I felt. As they say the rest is history. Sometimes in life you have to do what other people may frown on and live your life for you. I am a true believer that you need to live your own trouth regardless of what your family friends and society think about it. I am so glad that I made the choices I did. I have had 9 wonderful years with a person that I love very much. I am happy and live a full life. I couldnt imagine my life any other way!

This is my girlfriend, my life partner and the love of my life. I fell in love with her as a person and will love her for every moment I am on this earth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful! Everyone deserves to find true love & happiness. You find it in your best friend the same way that I found it in mine.

I wish you both this happiness always!

Jake said...

"Sometimes in life you have to do what other people may frown on and live your life for you."

That was wonderfully, beautifully written. I love it :)

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.