Monday, August 13, 2007

Its all over!

Well vacation has come and gone in a heartbeat! Or should I say heart pounding breathlessness coupled with exhaustion, fatigue and pain. But it was all worth it! We backpacked through the wilderness and learned some valuable lessions in ultra light weight backpacking. About two km's into the hike it became apparent that we packed too much and our backpacks were way too heavy! Its funny because everything we desided to take with us was desided upon because "this is pretty light" funny when you add all those pretty light objects into a backpack and throw it all on your back how heavy it suddenly is all together!
Photos of the trip? Well I will try to have them up by the end of the week. Who knows if they will be any good I desided not to take my camera ( thank god on one hand and damn on the other) My camera would have been too heavy to add to my already 50lb pack so I desided to leave it at home and take a disposible, which I dropped in a pot of water on the second night so cross your fingers that the shots still turn out!
I am back at work this morning and cant believe how fast a week passes when you are having fun and not dealing with LMS! One hour until I see her wonderful smiling face again and begin the dance for another undisclosed amount of time until I have the opportunity to escape again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHHH Jenn tell me it isn't so...how much to get it fixed?????? We need your camera....JENNIFER!!!!!

photo_chiq said...

I am not sure yet hopefully not much. Damn technology the last camera I could tape the door shut and it would still work but this one wont advance the film so hopefully I didnt do more damage than is fixable..