Monday, May 7, 2007

Oh how do I love her? Let me count the ways

Wow where did the time go? Seems like just yesterday we were sleeping in the storage closet of my parents one bedroom apartment. Its funny that my parents were surprised when I told them I was gay. For well over a year my "lesbian friend" and I slept together in my room. I can clearly remember my mother saying to me "no boys in your room" LOL Okay mom not a problem.. She didn't say anything about having my lesbian lover in my room... So no problem!

It took me a long time to come to terms with my sexuality. Shannon knew I liked her. I would say no I am str8 and my actions would say something totally different. She must have been really into me because if I was her at that time I would have run away from me full tilt buggy! I love her because she stuck around and waited me out. I am so greatful she did!


We have had so much fun together! I convinced Shannon to camp with me and she discovered a passion for it. It took me years to get her into a kayak and she loves that too. We have visited many many Provincial parks together and had a blast at almost all of them.

After 9 years she still makes me laugh! I still get butterflys in my stomach when she enters the room. Her beautiful green eys and cute dimples warm my heart whenever she smiles... I LOVE this girl!

As with every relationship in this world there have been rough times too. I had a very rough time with work for a few years and was forced to work overnights, twice. In all my struggles she was always there to lend a supportive ear, some warm hugs and kind smiles. Two years ago we lost our bestfriend which was really hard for both of us. We both went to some pretty dark places and somehow are emerging on the other side still in love with eachother.

I truly hope to fall asleep by her side every night and wake up to her beautiful face every morning! If I have my way we will be old ladies sitting on our porch shaking our canes at the kids to get off of our grashhh!!! LOL.. I look forward to the rest of our lives together.







No comments: