Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Cuban Getaway

Photography allows me to take a step back from the hussle of daily life and take a few moments to enjoy the beauty surrounding me. Wherever I am.
Lets begin in Cuba...

My first ever trip outside of Canada. Who wouldn't fall in love with a place of such beauty and hospitality. Cuba was an amazing experience for me. Full of firsts! My first time in a plane, in the ocean, for what it is worth in a forien country. The people were amazing and the country is beautiful. To my surprise coconuts were not what I thought they were? They were bright green and surprisingly fasited to their branches on the palm trees. Definately not what you would find on your local grocers fruit stand!
Back to Canada! Home of the Free...zing!
Okay I am not doing those who think Canada is eternally winter any good! But you have to admit fresh snow and Ice makes for a great photo Op! Notice there are no Igloo's here! Thats right we do live in houses and apartments like most of the rest of the world.
Shall we move on to the beauty and warmth of summer?
Lets!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91095658@N00/?saved=1
I am so greatful to live in a country where the beauty and wonder of nature is nearly on your door step. My partner and I have spent many a day and night exploring the Canadian wilderness and have countless wonderful memories together in these places. We have camped all over Ontario and highly recomend doing so yourself if you have it in you to take it slow and stop every few feet to snap a picture or examine something new or beautiful for the first time.
About me... Well as you can already see I love the outdoors and photography. What you might not know is that I am a 28 (I cant believe it, already?) year old lesbian. I have an amazing partner of almost 9 years with whom I am madly in love with. Shannon is a truly amazing person! She is strong, spiritual and intellegant. Best of all we enjoy the same things! Wether we are just sitting in watching movies or talking or conquering the next long hike together, we are happy to just have one another and enjoy our time together. I am also a twin and my sister has two beautiful children, who love their antie Shannon. What can I say she is more fun than me! In work to pay the bills but live to love!
Let me introduce you to my brother.
this is my little man! Well he isnt so little anymore! He now towers above me. I can't believe how fast he grew. One day you are reading bedtime stories and the next he is halfway through highschool and dating. He stole my heart the first time he looked up at me and still steals it today when I look up at him.
I'll leave you today kayaking at sunset with friends. Could it get any better than this?

No comments: